I’m not good at keeping secrets. I’m not saying that I would ever tell the personal secrets my friends have told me. The secrets I have trouble with are the happy ones - what people are getting for Christmas, who might be getting a surprise party and who is getting a pay rise. I find these things sit at the front of my mind, waving their hand frantically in the air, like a clever kid in the front row of your class. It’s difficult to ignore.
These past couple of months I’ve been keeping a secret and it has been so hard because I’ve wanted to tell all of you. Finally I can - the Monkey and I are going to have a baby (or Bunkey* as it has unofficially been christened). We are so excited and happy, but also slightly scared! The baby is due on the 7th of December which seems very soon - how are we supposed to learn how to be parents by then! At least with the baby being a winter baby there will be plenty of knitting opportunity.
Anyway, this also explains the lack of knitting that has been going on here as I’ve not been feeling that great. Everyone tells me that I will ‘bloom’ in the second trimester, (how quaint!) so I’m looking forward to that. Expect to see some seriously speedy knitting to make up for the last few weeks!
In the meantime I’ve been knitting a Pomatomus sock in a leisurely manner…
I have also been tagged by Riggwelter for "7 random things about me"
I love doing these things.
The rules:"Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog (I might cheat on this being a bit out of touch with blogs recently). You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog."
1. I have never eaten an egg (other than in cakes etc) and nor do I intend to. They are just so white and yellow – it’s just wrong!
2. Kendra is my middle name. It means wise. My Dad loves Anglo Saxon names (my brother was almost named Beowulf!).
3. I hate eating in front of people I don’t know very well.
4. I’m thinking about applying for an allotment.
5. I have two goldfish (Raffles and The Professor).
6. I have loads of recipe books but much prefer to make it up as I go along - leading to some interesting meal times.
7. I’m pregnant!
I know it is a bit of a cop out but if you haven’t done this yet please consider yourself tagged!
*half Bunny half monkey…